What is Marketing Automation and How to Use it
Did you realize that you could automate some of the most time and labor intensive aspects of the marketing process? Not only that, these technologies often deliver better results than you’re getting now. Learn more about marketing automation, and decide if this smarter strategy could revolutionize the way you reach out to customers.
What is Marketing Automation?
Marketing automation is any technology or software that helps companies to manage, measure, and optimize the marketing process throughout the sales tunnel. Here are some of the most common ways that businesses utilize marketing automation:
- To develop and implement email marketing campaigns
- To perform effective lead nurturing campaigns
- To save time on repetitive tasks
- To create and increase customer database records
- To handle customer relationship management (CRM)
- To increase business revenue
There are many types of marketing automation software out there, each with its own unique features and focus. But in general, all of them help businesses to generate the data they need to plan, implement, and revise marketing campaigns, and use technology to make the entire marketing process more efficient.
Does Marketing Automation Work?
With the right approach, marketing automation has been showing to deliver some amazing results. Just check out these statistics:
- 107% better conversion rate
- 40% greater average deal size
- 20% higher team attainment quota
- 17% better forecast accuracy
How Do I Begin Using Marketing Automation?
Every business will utilize marketing automation differently. That is what’s great about it – it’s not a one-size-fits-all solution, but a many-faceted technology with countless possible applications. Follow these tips to get you started on the right track.
- Pick Your Timing – Implementing marketing automation is easiest at the startup phase, right before a major marketing investment, or when a marketing strategy becomes unmanageable.
- Watch Out for Traps – Carefully scrutinize your existing marketing strategy. Make sure that marketing automation complements rather than compromises what is working.
- Make the Best Investment – Pick a marketing automation tool that has something significant to offer, not one that will be an occasional convenience.
- Create a Plan – Make sure you have a plan for vetting vendors, implementing the software, auditing its success, and revising the way you use it.
Combine Marketing Automation with Marketing Expertise
Marketing automation is a tremendous resource, but it’s important to realize that it’s not a magic bullet. It is just one more entry in your marketing tool belt, not a replacement for the whole thing. Make sure that you have the expertise and resources you need to make the most of your marketing automation efforts, and to successfully meld them with your broader marketing strategy. Start that conversation by checking out the robust C5 Inbound Marketing System.
Request a free digital marketing consultation.