Kicking Off Your Marketing Campaign
PPC internet marketing is one of the most effective ways to reach your target customers. Unfortunately, if your have never run a PPC marketing campaign, it can seem like a baffling undertaking. We have put together this guide to help you get a feel for the basics.
What is PPC Marketing?
PPC stands for “Pay Per Click.” You have probably seen PPC ads before at the top or along the sides of popular search engines like Google and Bing. They are the little two or three line ads pitching products and services related to your search terms. Every time one of the ads is clicked, the advertiser pays a small fee, which is why they are called PPC ads.
PPC marketing is the process of crafting these ads so that they attract the largest number of relevant customers, building a realistic budget around your marketing effort, and then taking the necessary steps to turn your internet traffic into paying customers.
What is Adwords?
Google is the most widely used search engine, and Adwords is the system the company uses to handle PPC ads. Every time someone searches for something on Google, Adwords digs through a massive database of PPC ads and picks the ones that it feels are most relevant. Those are the ones that get the greatest exposure and drive the most traffic. How do does Google determine which ads are most relevant?
- Keywords – Google looks for ads that closely align with the search terms
- Landing Page – Google privileges PPC ads that link to quality landing pages
- Quality Score – Google assigns all PPC advertisers an overall quality score
- Ad Rank – Google choose ads that achieve the highest score in a specialized formula
Why Use PPC Marketing?
You are probably wondering if PPC marketing is the right choice for your business compared to other forms of traditional and internet marketing. The answer is almost always yes. Here’s why:
- PPC marketing is extremely cost effective when conducted strategically
- All businesses need to drive traffic to their web presence
- PPC marketing is more of technical than a creative process, making it highly accessible
- Adwords is intuitive, carefully administered, and fair to all users
- PPC marketing is an excellent complement to a broader marketing strategy
Get Started with PPC Marketing
Now you know the basics of PPC internet marketing, and hopefully you are convinced of its value. But you have a lot left to learn if you want to conduct your own campaign effectively and on budget. Hit the ground running by working with the PPC marketing specialists at Studio C5.