What is Google My Business?
Google My Business (GMB) is a must-have tool for any local business that wishes to be found in Google’s local search results. In fact, a GMB listing is responsible for how your business appears in Google local search and maps alike.
With a Google My Business account you can add your business name, location, hours of operation and more. You can also monitor and reply to customer reviews, upload photos and even learn where and how people are searching for you.
What’s most important about Google My Business is that when consumers search for a product or service near them, they are usually pretty close to making a purchasing decision. In fact, studies show that 1 in two people who conduct a local keyword search (e.g. “windows company near me”) visit a business that very day.
GMB is a core element of Local SEO. Do you need Google My Business support?
Over 56% of local retailers still need to claim their GMB listing. Is that you? We can help!
Top Reasons For GMB
- To show up in Google Map Searches / 3-Pack
- Helps Make You Stand Out from Competitors
- Star Ratings (Reviews) Boost Your Appeal
- Earns Trust From Customers
- Increases Traffic To Your Website
- Increases Brand Awareness
- It’s Great For Advertising Your Business
How Customers Search For Your Business
Google My Business Insights breaks down n how consumers search for your business across direct, discover and branded searches.
Search and Maps Analysis
Insights provide a breakdown on how customers found you via Google Search and Google Maps by viewing the total number of views received.
View Customer Actions
Insights displays the most common actions that consumers take in your GMB listing by website visits, direct requests, phone calls and messages.
Local Direction Footprint
Another great feature is to see where across the map consumers are requesting directions to your business.
Photo Views and Quantity
Posting fresh daily images are a key to your GMB success. Insights provides the number of times your business photos have been viewed, including a comparison to your competitors.
Top Google My Business FAQ's
How does Google My Business help?
An optimized Google My Business listing will both help potential customers find you, locally while telling them the story of your business. It will help you increase visbility in search, provide a better shopping experience or buyer and increase traffic to your website, and front door.
Is Google My Business enough to rank locally?
While optimized and managing a Google My Business listing is key to local visibility, we recommend creating additional niche citations to help strengthen your local authority.
Why Does Google My Business Matter?
If you aren’t on the top page results of Google, you pretty much don’t exist to any consumer searching for what you can offer them.
- 88% of consumer local business searches on a mobile device either call or visit the business within 24 hours. (Nectafy)
- 72% of consumers, who search for local businesses, end up visiting stores within five miles. (Hubspot)
- 92% of searchers will pick businesses on the first page of local search results.
- 46% of all searches on Google are local.
- Mobile searches for (open + now + near me) have grown by 200%.